Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
d34m0n_chi1d

Quote of the day!

27 postów w tym temacie

Some quotes lose their impact if translated into some other language.

If you can dream it, you can do it! Walt Disney

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach

Everything you do, think, or say

is in the pill you took today.

-- Peter Spilles

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach
some quotes lose their impact if translated into some other language.

that's true. The best example for that is my greatest and the most gifted ever Oscar Wilde. Look:

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for." O.Wilde

It is one of my mottos, so I've got it in my gmail signature ;)

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Winston Churchill

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach
Oscar Wilde is great!

what else of his pieces you've read/seen/heard about?

You should see the "Dorian Gray" movie!

I haven't seen yet, but l'm going to do. For now, I prefer the book - just because I cannot judge things I don't know. We'll see - I'll tell you, Sheriff, after watching. ;)

I'm in love with Oscar Wilde - he was irish, studying on the Trinity Collage in Dublin, writing amazing poems and stories. (what is interesting - he wrote in his life just one novel, exactly "The picture of Dorian Gray")

But.. for me he was very tragic figure in irish modernistic poetic world. For sure, nobody's ever understood his lifestyle and his pieces. He was gay, so it didn't matter if he was writing beatiful or breath-taking poems - he wasn't heterosexual, so he was bad, his pieces were filled with heresy and his place after dead would be for sure in hell - very ignorant and typical thinking for people with church shadow on their minds. Even if he were poetic genius people wouldn't appreciate his efforts just because he was a gay and it is all! But, wohoa! I'd better stop. I can talk all the time about him and we're out of topic a little bit now. So. Hm, for now.. let me see.

what about J.W.Goethe? (german writer, but here's one translated quotation)

alors, for this time:

"All truly wise thoughts have been thoughts already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience." J. W. von Goethe

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach

A bad woman is the sort of woman a man never gets tired of. (ang.)

— Oscar Wilde

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach

STUDENT: What is science?

PROFESOR: Looking for a black cat in a dark room.

STUDENT: What is philosophy?

PROFESOR: Looking for a black cat in a dark room and there is no cat.

STUDENT: What is psychotherapy?

PROFESOR: Looking for a black cat in a dark room where there is no cat and finding it.

- I don't know who.

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach
But.. for me he was very tragic figure in irish modernistic poetic world. For sure, nobody's ever understood his lifestyle and his pieces.

You should talk with mrs. Lis. She had written thesis about Oscar Wilde until she left.

[ Dodano: 2010-04-23, 22:47 ]

- Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men. -

Joseph Conrad. Love you, Joseph!

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach
You should talk with mrs. Lis. She had written thesis about Oscar Wilde until she left.

I know. She was amazing. But unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) she's resigned from teaching in our hellish school ;]

But Dichter, I've always been thinking that you didn't like O.Wilde - so what kind of change came up with you? :P

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach
But Dichter, I've always been thinking that you didn't like O.Wilde - so what kind of change came up with you?

Em, Afro, I don't like Wilde. He was boring :/

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach
Em, Afro, I don't like Wilde. He was boring :/

bla, blaa, blaaaa.. Wilde is not boring and he never was. He is just very original, admit it, Dichter.

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach

[ Dodano: 2010-04-24, 23:00 ]

I hope you won't mind our short conversation in french. There's no sense to create separate topic for two guys, who won't be writing very often in it. Just look for english - everybody knows that language and there're just 3 or 4 topics :P

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach

I do mind and if you want to converse in french then there is a validity to such a topic.

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach
I do mind and if you want to converse in french then there is a validity to such a topic.

I knew you would be the first person who could mind that, so I've already started a separate topic.. :P

we won't

ehh.. I was full of happy to see somebody speaking french.. k4, shame on you!

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach
Thanks.

You're welcome. :)

My parents only had one argument in forty-five years. It lasted forty-three years.

Cathy Ladman

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach

"To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead."

O. Wilde, of course ;)

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach

The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.

--Solomon Ibn Gabriol

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach

Some great quotes of one Homer Simpson:

Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!

Operator! Give me the number for 911!

Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel.

It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to fit in eight hours of TV a day.

Lisa, Vampires are make-believe, like elves, gremlins, and eskimos.

I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
Udostępnij na stronach

Żeby dodać komentarz, musisz założyć konto lub zalogować się

Tylko zarejestrowani użytkownicy mogą dodawać komentarze

Dodaj konto

Załóż nowe konto. To bardzo proste!

Zarejestruj nowe konto

Zaloguj się

Posiadasz już konto? Zaloguj się tutaj.

Zaloguj się teraz